Before buying a sewing machine, check through the buying guide so that you can pick the best one in the market. Check through these tips so that you can buy according to your requirements.
- Stitches: you should first check how many stitches the device offers. Generally, straight and zigzag stitches are what domestic users use the most. But if you know and have to use embroidery, get a machine that can offer that. So check how many types of stitches the machine you buy can offer. But look for stitches that you use and require. Don’t invest in machines offering fancy stitches that you don’t use.
Some of the stitches available on stitching machines for domestic use are the following:
Additional feature: Stitching machines come with many types of add on features. It depends on your requirement which features you want to have. For example, if you are into quilting, that requires a machine with a walking foot, a ¼” foot, and a spring action foot. So the features you will need depend on what type of work you want to do. Check the accessories that are said to be provided with the machine before you buy one.
New features: with the increasing technological advancements, stitching machines also have new features. Some include:
- Needle Threader
- Needle up/down
- Speed control
- Needle position adjustment
- Automatic thread cutter
- Knee lifter
- Free arm
These are some of the new features that were added. Indulge buying a machine with these after you consider your budget and how much you require them.
- Budget: Although we talk about this, at last, this is a single important factor that can influence your buy. Having an urgent requirement and a small budget? Go for used/second-hand items. Some sellers do sell genuine second-hand machines.
- This will fit in your budget and also give you an item with the features you require. Also, while buying the first list of your requirements. Many machines offer you features that we rarely use. Investing money on such items is not required. So buy what you need.
Types of Sewing Machines
There are many variants of sewing machines available in the market. But broadly depending on the functionality and features, these are some of the types of sewing machine available:
- Domestic Sewing Machine: Also called the manual sewing machine, this is the basic form of stitching machines with minimum features and stitch patterns. As the name suggests, it has manual settings and is hand-operated. They do not offer many varieties of stitches but are best for straight stitches. Professional tailors use the motorized version of a domestic sewing machine. They are the best sewing machines in India under rupees 5000.
- Electronic Sewing machine: These are the advanced models of the domestic sewing machines. These are light and compactly built. They have some additional features like inbuilt lighting to enhance visibility, multiple stitch patterns, automatic threading facility, inbuilt thread cutter, etc.
- Computerized Sewing Machines: These are for industrial purposes. Since these are computer operated, they have high speed and advanced features. They come with over 200 varieties of stitches. They do not require manual interference. Garments industries use such to maximum outputs. They are expensive to buy.
- Embroidery Sewing Machines: These have nowadays gained popularity since users can make exotic embroidery designs on cloth with this. Operating this machine requires the knowledge of specific skills like embroidery. They are not suitable for regular stitching.
The Final Verdict
These are the best sewing machines available from Usha in India. All the electric sewing machines are co-branded with Janome since these two companies collaborated together to bring the electric sewing machine to you. You can now look at the deals available on your favorite machine and you can order as per your likings and budget.